SQL Migration Instructions for Checkbox 7
Complete the following steps to migrate your Checkbox database to a new server.
- Stop the Checkbox Service
* Note that the location of the Checkbox Service is determined by your organization during the installation process of the application.
- Stop the Checkbox Application in IIS
* Your installation should not be available during the migration process as it would lead to data loss.
- Back up your Checkbox database.
- Restore the backed-up Checkbox database backup to the new server.
- Stop/deactivate the database from the old server.
* This step prevents the database from accidentally being accessed by one of the applications in case a step is missed.
- Locate the Checkbox API web.config file and modify the connection string to point to the new database server.
- Locate the Checkbox Service config file and modify the connection string to point to the new database server.
- Start the Checkbox Service.
- Start the Checkbox Web applications.
- Verify that you can log into the application.
- Verify that the Checkbox Service is running correctly. The simplest way to verify that the Checkbox Service is running correctly is to send out a survey invitation to yourself. If the invitation sends, then your Checkbox Service is working properly.