Checkbox's latest version, 2016 Q1, has been released for Checkbox Server and is available to all Server and Enterprise customers with an active support contract. The SDK and Source Code should be available next week . Detailed release notes can be found below.
If you would like to reactivate your support contract in order to receive access to the latest version, please contact our sales department.
Important Notes About Patching or Upgrading to 2016 Q1:
- Version 2016 Q1 is the sixth update following our version naming convention change, and follows version 2015 Q4 (major release 6).
- Patch versus Upgrade: If you are currently on version 4.7, please follow the Upgrade Guide to move to version 2016 Q1. If you are currently on any version of 5 or 6 (including 2014 Q4 or later), please follow the Patch Guide.
- Test Your Upgrade/Patch: We strongly recommend that you test your patch or upgrade in a test environment before updating your production environment. As always, please backup your database before patching or upgrading.
- Messaging Service: Customers that are using the Checkbox messaging service in any version prior to 6.3 will need to follow the UpgradeMessagingService.pdf guide located in the Documentation folder. Failure to update the messaging service will cause issues with the application and invitations. Earlier versions of the messaging service are no longer supported by Checkbox 2016 Q1. If you updated the messaging service with any patch after 6.2, you are all set.
Below is a complete list of the new features, enhancements and bug fixes you can expect in version 2016 Q1.
If you have any questions or concerns about the release, please contact our Support Team.
Features & Enhancements:
- Response Detail items are now included in PDF reports *
- Optimizations to PDF Exports for both Surveys and Reports
- Same page conditions break auto adjust item and page numbers
- Rating scale texts with special characters break item preview
- Hyperlink text can not include special characters
- Stripping of certain multi-language characters from response view screens
- No way to sort source items for multi-item reports
- Multi-page surveys only displaying last page of responses in email summary and response summary items
- Merged into Rating Scale N/a option answer appears as an ID in response details
- QueryString value fails to pass into survey when using open registration
- Scores for matrix items don’t export properly to csv
- “&”, “<" and ">” symbols cannot be used for question text under certain conditions
- Export Dialog is not large enough for both scoring options on some resolutions
- Permission issues with Active directory users exporting PDF files
*Due to performance constraints, response detail items are limited to 250 answers per report item in the PDF exports. To adjust this limitation as a server customer please contact Checkbox Support.