Checkbox's latest version, 2015Q2, has been released for Checkbox Server and is available to all Server and Enterprise customers with an active support contract. The SDK and Source Code will be available within the next couple of days .
Detailed release notes can be found below. If you would like to reactivate your support contract in order to receive access to the latest version, please contact our sales department.
Important Notes About Patching or Upgrading to 2015Q2:
- Version 2015Q2 is the third update following our version naming convention change, and follows version 2015Q1.
- Patch versus Upgrade: If you are currently on version 4.7, please follow the Upgrade Guide to move to version 2015Q2. If you are currently on any version of 5 or 6 (including 2014Q4 or 2015Q1), please follow the Patch Guide.
- Test Your Upgrade/Patch: We strongly recommend that you test your patch or upgrade in a test environment before updating your production environment. As always, please backup your database before patching or upgrading.
- Messaging Service: Customers that are using the Checkbox messaging service in any version prior to 6.3 will need to follow the UpgradeMessagingService.pdf guide located in the Documentation folder. Failure to update the messaging service will cause issues with the application and invitations. Earlier versions of the messaging service are no longer supported by Checkbox 2015Q2. If you updated the messaging service with any patch after 6.2, you are all set.
Below is a complete list of the new features, enhancements and bug fixes you can expect in version 2015Q2.
If you have any questions or concerns about the release, please contact our Support Team. Features and Enhancements :
- Multi-line Open Text items now allow minimum and maximum character limits
- A new "None of the above" option for checkbox questions restricts you from choosing that option + any other
- Enhanced warnings when deleting items and pages to warn against lost data
- Ability to filter out test and incomplete responses when viewing responses
- Style Editor now contains Style Actions button and menu items
- Style Names can be edited by clicking on them, just like survey names
- Ability to filter out Active or Inactive surveys in the Survey Manager list
- Show "Opted out of invitations" in a User's profile in the User Manager
- New setting to show/hide "Print to PDF" on reports
- Remove the black borders around charts by default
- Add option to include/exclude test responses in Report Wizard
- When you add a Hidden Item, remove the need to click Hidden Item to select, see the Preview
Bug Fixes :
- Save button disappears on Behavior tab of Multi-line question item if you de-select " Enable HTML Editor for Respondents" when adding the item
- No button to save an edited Style Template name
- Profile Property Updater is broken when copying/importing surveys
- Mobile browsers don't accept Canadian postal codes
- No validation message or prompt if multi-line open-ended text item goes over the allowed character limit
- Response Summary items show all HTML items when the option is selected, not just the ones that were conditionally shown to the respondent
- Redirect item doesn't work properly on mobile devices
- Registration page for survey pulls survey's Style Template instead of default
- Custom survey URL within Settings no longer defaults to .aspx
- Each mobile style appears multiple times on mobile templates list
- Mobile Style Preview Display appears broken
- Editing the default layout of the Footer settings causes several issues with an HTML invitation
- Superscript and Subscript HTML stripped out when survey previewed/tested/live
- No item spacing between two matrix items
- Default footer needs some styling
- Invitation footer fields out of order and missing state
- Applying underline style to question text changes the font
- Font from style template is not properly applied to matrix rows
- Issues with sliders on mobile phones
- Updates to opt out message
- Cannot advance past email footer prompt
- Using browser back button causes response not to be saved in IE11
- Clicking browser back then forward button loses response session in IE