Checkbox's latest version, 2014 Q4, has been released for Checkbox Server and is available to all Server and Enterprise customers with an active support contract. SDK and Developer edition customers should have access to the patch next week. Detailed release notes can be found below. If you would like to reactivate your support contract in order to receive access to the latest version, please contact our sales department.
Important Notes About Patching or Upgrading to 2014 Q4:
- Version 2014 Q4 is the first update following our version naming convention change, and follows version 6.7.
- Patch versus Upgrade: If you are currently on version 4.7, please follow the Upgrade Guide to move to version 2014 Q4. If you are currently on any version of 5 or 6, please follow the Patch Guide.
- Test Your Upgrade/Patch: We strongly recommend that you test your patch or upgrade in a test environment before updating your production environment. As always, please backup your database before patching or upgrading.
- Messaging Service: Customers that are using the Checkbox messaging service in any version prior to 6.3 will need to follow the UpgradeMessagingService.pdf guide located in the Documentation folder. Failure to update the messaging service will cause issues with the application and invitations. Earlier versions of the messaging service are no longer supported by Checkbox 2014 Q4. If you updated the messaging service with version 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6 or 6.7, you are all set.
Below is a complete list of the new features, enhancements and bug fixes you can expect in version 2014 Q4.
- Customizable Company Footer for invitations - users can now completely customize the unsubscribe link, and merge in company address information. This feature can be enabled in the System Settings.
- The user manager now displays the invitations/surveys from which respondents have opted out
- The survey page should no longer refresh/reload when answering questions on which same-page conditions are based (applies to all supported browsers except IE8).
- Survey architecture has been redesigned so that if the browser back button is clicked, the user will be brought to the last website they visited before the survey, rather than the previous survey page. The user can click the browser forward button to return to the survey page they were previously on. This architecture change should eliminate data integrity issues when the browser back button is used (applied to all supported browsers except IE8).
- Added the ability to toggle the "Export to PDF" button on and off on reports
- User interface improvements when adding survey items
- Option to include/exclude test responses has been added to the report wizard
- Opt out information for respondents should now be included in invitation details exports
- Several application-wide performance updates
- Various security updates
Bug Fixes :
- Updated YouTube embed code should no longer hide survey elements
- The <sup> and <sub> HTML tags should render correctly
- Fixed several issues with the slider item not triggering same-page conditions properly
- Matrix items should no longer apply validation when rows are hidden due to same page conditions
- "Delete all responses" button should no longer cause an error message before deleting the responses
- Fixed several appearance/CSS issues related to IE 11
- Recipient list in Invitation Details should now populate properly
- PDF reports with styles applied should now print without errors
- Added several new fonts to the HTML text editor to match the options in the style editor
- Matrix rows should now have the proper font applied when a style is attached
- Underlining text should no longer change the font type
- Date picker should allow for more variance in year selected
- Slider items and Rating Scale items should now function properly on IOS devices
- Date/time filter should properly apply to answers in reports
- Galaxy Tab should now be recognized as a mobile device
- Resolved several issues with the Export Responses web services not exporting alias items properly under certain scenarios
- Resolved several issues with sorting of left panel lists related to SQL 2012 and SQL 2014
- Fixes related to memcached support and load balancing